SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Monday, August 09, 2010

Adventures in Cupcake Making

We had 4 of the 6 siblings together
on Saturday and I decided I needed to bake some cupcakes to celebrate!
We decided on Key Lime - since lime just screams summer -
so I searched high and low for an EASY recipe.
(I'm not about cake from scratch. Shhhh. Frosting? Yes. Cake? No.)

I found one, so it was off to Walmart with The Girl
to pick up a few random ingredients.
After a fantastic dinner of gyozas and fried rice -
made by Little Rissa and my Mom,
it was time to try it out.


They were fantastic!
Everyone loved the frosting the best.
I used my own secret frosting recipe with a few tweaks to make it key limey.
The Girl kept asking for more frosting on hers after
she'd lick/eat it all off.



Yumminess!
My mom's oven cooked bonky,
so some of them got a little overdone.
I think I'll do a few things different with the cake if I make them again.
You can find the recipe I used HERE!

3 comments:

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Yum, love key lime! Looks like the girls loved it too :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Kikal said...

Errrrmmmm, why do you have a supersecret frosting recipe that you've never given to me? SEND IT PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSE.

Meg @ write meg! said...

So glad these were such a hit! They've become a favorite dessert in my family, and the most requested thing from friends to bring to parties. I'm trying a pina colada cupcake this weekend... hope it turns out just as good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails