SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Sunday, March 07, 2010

But a Small Moment

I was struck while reading
the latest blog post about
little Layla Grace
today,
by a scripture in 2 Corinthians 4:17.

It reads:
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

And it reminded me of
D&C 121:7.

And how the Lord reminds Joseph that his afflictions
are but a small moment
and the his friends and family have not abandoned him.

And as I thought of afflictions and life,
I struck with the thought that this life on earth is but a small moment,
and that I feel so very blessed that the Lord
has blessed me with family & friends to help
me endure it well.

I am so grateful for my time on this earth
and for my husband,
and for my darling children.
I feel so very blessed.
I am grateful that families can be together forever.

Because I can't imagine
living life not knowing that this life
is only a small moment of eternity.
That there is more.
That death isn't an end, but a beginning.
It's just so very amazing to me
that our Heavenly Father loved us enough
to let us come to earth
and experience, grow, learn and,
ultimately, become like Him.
Amazing.

So as I thought of Layla Grace
and her family today,
I wondered what I would
say to someone I loved if they
were experiencing such an affliction -
that eternally, is but a small moment -
but now is all encompassing.
And I remembered my favorite scripture
in Enos 1:26-27

26 And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.
27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen.

It may seem like a strange scripture to have has a favorite.
It's about dying and death.
But to me it has always been about hope.
Hope in knowing
that death is not the end,
in knowing that my Savior and Heavenly Father are waiting.
in knowing that enduring well will allow me "see his face with pleasure",
in knowing Eternity is real.

Amazing.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails