Tuesday, December 23, 2008

And mom and dad can hardly wait . . .

for school to start again:) That's how I feel this morning and The Boy doesn't even go to school! LOL I think he can sense that change is coming and that I'm a little on edge about everything getting done and coming together. I need to relax, but it's really not in my nature, so I have to try very hard to do it. I was really proud of myself on Sunday for taking a 2 1/2 hour nap and after last night, I feel like I'm going to need another one of those this afternoon too. I had an awful night's sleep last night - I finally got up and cleaned up my sewing mess in the nursery from midnight to 1am. After I fell asleep around 1:30 I was up every 2 hours. The Boy woke up on the wrong side of the bed and everything was making him meltdown. So got some breakfast in him, he perked up and we are doing much better right now.

The get together with our friends on Saturday was a lot of fun. It was good to be together and catch up. It's funny, because last time that Kathy and I had babies, The Boy was born first and then her little girl is about 5 months younger. Now, she just had a baby 5 months ago and this little one will be born soon. It's kind of fun! The Boy was in heaven with all the kids and at the end of the night figured out that there was a baby there. LOL Then, he was in love! He wanted to take her home with us and since then, he tells us that he wants her to come to our house. I think he's said it at least 15 times in the last 2 days.

On Sunday I sang and I think I did pretty well. I felt good about it and I got compliments, so that helps me feel better too. Like I said above, during The Boy's nap (which was 3 1/2 hours!!!) I slept 2 1/2 hours and it was so nice. That evening we delivered the treat plates and just kind of took it easy. Right before bed I realized I hadn't taken pictures of The Boy in his Christmas clothes - which are also the clothes he wore for his 3 year old pictures. So, before putting him in his pajamas, I put him back in his church clothes and we did a little photo shoot by the tree. Two of the pictures I got, he had really great smiles, but because he was being silly and wouldn't hold still, they turned out blurry.I had my doctor's appointment yesterday morning and I'm all set to go. She didn't need to strip my membranes and I'm supposed to report to the hospital at 6am on the 29th. It's making it all very real and I'm getting just slightly nervous. I started cleaning our room last night and it led me to cleaning underneath both of the sinks in our bathroom. I got rid of a lot of CRAP! Some of the beauty products I've had since I was in high school (facial masks, sun in, makeup) and I've been toting it from place to place for the last 10 years. Bleh! Good thing for nesting:) So, I'm proud to announce that underneath our sinks are clean and up-to-date. I even scrapped about it for yesterday's page because I didn't have anything exciting to talk about.

Here are my pages for the last few days. I'm really happy I scrapped these pages last month so that I just have to plug in the pictures and the journaling. It has made it really easy to stick with this project. I can't wait to have it printed and see how it turns out. I think I will make one each year because this month is so full of tradition and fun, and I think sometimes I forget to slow down and enjoy it.

I had to improvise with this page, because I didn't take any pictures this day.
Here is The Boy in his Christmas attire.
And here is my clean and organized under-the-sink location!


Jaime said...

Nesting did wonders for my house too! Love it! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hangs onto things for WAY TOO LONG! LOL

Syd said...

Hey girl, glad to hear that you're one day closer to the big day. I'm so excited for you!

The Titmi said...

You did awesome on Sunday! Beautiful, clear voice!

Crystal said...

Me and Kenna are here reading your blog and we think The Boy looks soooo big!! And so handsome! We miss you guys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails