Saturday, December 20, 2008

Still Hanging in There

We've been busy that past few days and I can feel Christmas Day speeding closer and closer! Ahhh! The Boy's check up went well. He was really well behaved (thank goodness!) and he was polite and cooperative for the many people that checked him out that day. We started off with a medical assistant that weighed, measured, performed a hearing & vision test and took his temperature and blood pressure. Then a PA Student came in that did all the interview questions and then his pediatrician came in to talk about his growth. He's in the 95th percentile for height & weight - the average size of a 4 year old. I talked over my concerns with his lingering cold and so she ordered a tympanic for check for an ear infection and a pulse-ox to check his lungs. Both were ok, so she prescribed him some nasal spray to help him with inflammation in his nasal passages. She's hoping that will clear everything up and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will has the same thing going on and the same thing happened to them both last year, so I'm thinking it's a family thing:)

Friday wa sa whirlwind of activity. We ran errands in the AM - the post office & Joann's. Then, straight to park day. We used to be regulars and The Boy loved it so much. However, for the past few months, I've either had something going on during park time or I haven't felt like going. It was good to go and socialize and let The Boy get out and really play hard. He needs to do more of that and I feel badly that I don't make an effort everyday to get him out to just play. That's one of my New Year's resolutions! Then it was home for lunch and naps. After naps, Aunt H came over. We hung out and made pizza dough. After Baby T went home (it was her last day & I know The Boy is going to miss her during our break) we played some of The Boy's games that he LOVES! When Will got home we all went to Costco and then we came home and made pizza.

I got the treat plates all packaged up and started delivering them today. I went to choir practice this morning, we did some shopping, I did some sewing and then we spent the evening with friends. It was a lot of fun and The Boy was so excited to play there. He woke up from his nap and asked if we could go there right now. I told him we still had a few hours before we were going. We ran to the store while Will went to get a haircut. He pulled up as I was loading the car and after a quick change we were off for out get together.

Tomorrow is our Christmas Choir program - in which I have a solo. So, I better get myself to bed and rest up my voice. I'm really nervous and I feel like everytime I sing it with the choir I totally biff it. I feel much better about my performance in the shower or the car:) I just need to relax and let it ride . . .

Here are my newest December Daily Album pages:


Kirbell said...

You did such a great job singing!! It was a beautiful song and I think I would have lost it, especially if I had those pregnancy hormones goin' on. You're so talented in so many ways.

Cindy said...

The Boy is adorable..really, he is.
I love your Christmas layouts and I can only wish that it would be warm enough here to go to park days. LUCKY!! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails