SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Friday, March 07, 2008

Another Week?

Ok, so another week has flown by and I haven't blogged! What the??? This week turned into a whirlwind of activities for me. On Monday, I read, read, read all day long and finished The Other Boleyn Girl in like two days. It was totally intriguing to me and I highly recommend it. Also, if you're a book lover like me, then join GoodReads with me so we can exchange book ideas and thoughts. On Tuesday night I went to book club and that was so fun. We had read The Westing Game and it was probably not a book I would have ever thought to pick up, but it was lots of fun to read. While I was there I tricked into hosting the May book club - just kidding! I wasn't tricked. I really want to host it, but I was too afraid to say anything. Plus, I'm worried about seating/space, but I've decided that I am just going to have it at my house and we'll just squish and have a good time. The Boy can stay up late and hang out in my bedroom with Will and have a grand adventure!
Wednesday we went over to my friend's house so I could watch her little boy while she volunteered in her older son's classroom. Then, when she got home we hung out and the little guys played. They have a cat and a dog and The Boy is totally obsessed with them. If they leave the room at all he gets really anxious and has to find them and asks, "Where's Howard? Where's Lady doggy?" It's cute for about 2 seconds and then it gets agitating when he just can't leave them alone. That night Will rushed home from work and I ran out the door to make it in time to see The Other Boleyn Sister with my friends from TMA. I slipped into my seat just as the previews were ending and the movie was starting - perfect timing. The movie was good and if I hadn't had read the book, I probably would have liked it more. Read the book - you'll understand. Yesterday I ended up just staying home and we went swimming. We have a toddler pool - which is fabulous - but The Boy won't play in it by himself. He will if there are other kids, but if not one is around, he wants me in it. Last week when we swam there was this man and his 3 years old (the same size as The Boy) that got in for a while. The Boy totally tried to play with them. He was all, "Hi guys!" "Let's swim!" "Come on!" It was pretty cute. He's not a shy one, my boy:) I did get 20 minutes of reading in before I was forced to get in. I took him over to the big pool and he has a little bit of anxiety about it that he didn't have before the weather changed and we were swimming more. So, I need to get him in there at least once or twice a week and let him see it isn't scary. Last night I had Enrichment and The Boy came with me and played in the nursery.
Last night when Will got home we were talking and it hit me - I forgot to feed The Boy dinner! I was running behind in getting ready for Enrichment because I had fallen asleep on the couch after I took a shower. I had given The Boy a few jellybeans to eat in my bed to keep him occupied while I showered so he didn't run amuck through the house. He also had a glass of water. So we shoot out of the house and making about 15 minutes late for Enrichment and he goes into the nursery and has a fabulous time - as always. So, neither of us ate dinner. Well, unless you call 10 jellybeans and a glass of water a meal. What a terrible mother I am!

So, this morning I went walking and Will got him when he woke up. He was still really sleepy and fell back asleep next to Will for about 15 minutes when he put him in bed next to him. Then all of the sudden he woke up and was like, "CANDY! CANDY!! JUICE!" and Will says, "No, let's just sleep a little big longer." The Boy looks at him and yells, "NO! I DON'T LIKE YOU! CANDY!" I've ruined him! Will figures out that he's probably starving to death and gets him a banana and milk (what a good daddy) and within 2 minutes The Boy perked up and was like, "Good morning, Daddy!"
We've noticed that he never complains about being hungry - mostly because we're pretty scheduled in feeding him. However, I know he is hungry because he gets ornery. So, if we're out running errands and it's say 30-45 minutes past lunchtime, I know because he is throwing fits and getting totally unreasonable. He has never told me he is hungry. He tells me he wants snackies - he ALWAYS wants snackies! - but he's never said he's hungry. I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Today my cousin (well, Will's cousin's wife) came over and the kids played. They are so funny to watch. Then, she came with me to park day and now The Boy is sleeping. FINALLY! He slept for almost an hour on the dot and then woke up because he was coughing. I gave him a Triaminic strip and he freaked out. He's never complained about them and usually takes them as if they were candy. So it took me about 45 minutes to get him back down for a nap and now he's been asleep almost another hour. We have no plans tonight, so it will be a quiet evening at home for after 3 nights out on the town. I also have no weekend plans, so hopefully something will happen. Last weekend we did get to go out with our friends to the Clippers game. So fun! She and I talked through the entire game. Our husbands were amazed.

4 comments:

dancin' momma said...

My friend has been trying to convince me to read that book for a long time, and now that I know you loved it I'll give it a shot!
I love your pages!

The Harry Herald said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom that's forgotten to feed their kid! I'm defintely going to check out that book. Thank you for the suggestion. I spent a ton of time wandering aimlessly around the library this afternoon.

Jaime said...

Way cute layouts! My favorite is the 2 years. I might have to copy that one! Except my baby is 5 years old!

Ashby said...

My girls eat "snackies" all day long too. They love them, and I don't know how I'd survive running errands or church without a million snacks on hand.

BTW, darling LO's!

Related Posts with Thumbnails