SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It's The Best Birthday Party Ever

The best part is we'll be together! LOL That is a song from a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode and it came to mind when I sat down to post about The Boy's birthday party. The day of his party was insane and if it hadn't been for Will and my parents, I probably wouldn't have survived the day. My friend got me a ticket to the Quiksilver sample sale and so I decided to "run" and do that before his party that afternoon.


Oh! I forgot to tell you that we had been debating all week about where to hold the party because of the spastic weather conditions with the rain in Southern California. It was supposed to be at a party near our home, but with the rain threatening, we weren't sure what to do. So, I made arrangements to have it at our old ward building if it rained. So Saturday morning it looks clear and fab and so I decide to give the park a try.
So, back to the Quiksilver sale. I go to the sale and it is awesome, but I get stuck in last section of the sale when I try to check out! The line is seriously like a mile long and it moves one step every 10 minutes. I start freaking out and I'm calling Will trying to decide what to do and he tells me to stay and he and my parents will get everything ready to go for the party. Phew! So about 15 minutes later they must have added more help at the front and the line starts moving pretty quickly. I stop hyperventilating and make it home with and hour to spare and they really did have everything ready to go. The only thing I had to go was decorate The Boy's cake and that took like 10 minutes tops.
Now, back to the weather. So all day it has been clear skies with great temps and no joke, as soon as we get all unpacked and set up at the park and the first guests arrive, the skies go dark, the wind picks up, and the temperature drops like 15 degrees! So, we rush through everything and we're done in about 45 minutes. The Boy had a fabulous time and I appreciate the family and friends that came to the party and braved the weather.

After the party we went to dinner with my parents and sister and the food was awesome. If you've never tried Lucille's you must try it. Yummy!
We are in Utah for Christmas and I promise to catch up with photos and videos soon! I can't believe it has been 10 days since I last posted. I hope you're all well and had a super awesome Christmas.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Was that your first trip to Lucille's? We went TONS when we lived in SoCal. It's a MUST!

Related Posts with Thumbnails