Wednesday, November 07, 2007

So Many, Many Things to Share!

The highlight of his day!
Well, it's been wild around here for me since my last post. I had a deadline today for the magazine I write elementary book club curriculum for and so I have been reading like a mad woman to get it done. Let's see, where to begin. I think that Friday was a blur - I do remember going to Costco and shopping for what we thought was a BBQ for 25 people on Saturday. I can't remember why I stayed up so late on Friday night, but I did.

Then, I got up at 5:30 to get ready to go to the CUW Boutique at 8:00. Can I say, waste of time? I was so disappointed. I was so looking forward to it and there was nothing there I couldn't live without. I don't have money to buy anything anyway, but there is always someting to want and not get. Nope, not this time. I ran into my BIL and his wife a little boy and so I chatted with them for a little while and then we all went home. I rushed home to catch Will before he left for the BBQ. I helped him finish packing the truck and then we were off. The BBQ was very fun, but not as well attended as we had hoped. We had so much food left over and we were begging people to take it with them. The Boy had a lot of fun chasing and feeding ducks, running around, and playing on the slide. Saturday evening was quiet and we were pooped after the BBQ.

On Sunday, The Boy woke up with a really runny nose and seemed a little sick. So, he poops before we leave for church. Then, he poops as we are getting in the car, but we are right on time, so I decide to change him when we get to the building. I change him before Sacrament Meeting starts and then sure enough, he poops again during the meeting. Ahhh! Now we have no more diapers, but I am sure that he can't poop anymore in the next 2 hours. He had a hard time during Sacrament Meeting and had to be taken out at least 3 times. However, I want him to learn to stay in Sacrament Meeting, so I get him settled and then take him back in. He never has to go out that many times. I think it is (a) he was sick and crabby (b) we're in a new place and he's testing the waters (c) we have to sit the overflow and his metal chair stinks - I don't even want to sit on them. He is relieved (so are we) to go to Nursery and I warn the Nursery Leader that he had a rough Sacrament Meeting, but that he always loves Nursery. Will and I go to Gospel Doctrine and I loved it! The teacher was so dynamic and knowledgeable and the class was awesome. After Will went to Elders Quorum I started chatting with a girl that I know about being a teacher and being pregnant - she is, not me:) Just as Relief Society is starting another girl I know from working at TMA and is now in my ward comes to tell my The Boy needed another diaper change! Ahhh! So I go and get Will out of EQ and tell him that we have to go home. I leave the two of them together and run to get my things from the RS room. I tell my new friend that I have to go because The Boy has no more diapers. Oh well. I read and read and read on Sunday.
On Monday I read and read and read some more. The boy had quite enough of it, but on Tuesday I had to read and read and read some more. I almost called my cousin and told her that I couldn't go to Disneyland today, but I was like, no, we NEED to get out! So I stayed up last night until 11:30 reading and then I got up at 6:00 this morning and started reading. I finished the last book at 7:30. Yea! I showered before Will left for work and The Boy and I got ready for a fun day.

We had a blast at Disneyland. I got there right when they openend the gates, but hadn't yet released anyone from Main Street. So we got to hear the welcome and I pushed my way through to Finding Nemo. By the time my cousin got there (like 10 minutes after it opened) we were standing in front of the burger place in Tomorrowland and had about a 1/2 hour wait. So she hopped in line and we chatted and waited. The ride is so cute and we had fun, but there was a leak right above us. So my cousin told the "driver" he might want to check that out. We got on a lot of rides because almost no one was there and we even got to take pictures with Tigger, Pooh and Orey (Eyore). The Boy really got down in the Tikki Room today. He had our whole side of the room watching him, instead of the birds! We were there until around 1:30 and the kids were so tired, but we stopped for a quick lunch before heading home. There was TERRIBLE traffic on the 5 and I was getting so frustrated. It was only 2:30! But I figured someone probably died and so I should stop freaking out. (I was right, there was a fatal accident.) So I took the 22E to the 55S and we were home in about 10 minutes. Phew! The Boy fell asleep about 5 minutes after we got onto the freeway and he slept until almost 6:00!!! I had lost track of time because I was typing up all my curriculums and so I finally turned on his light at 5:30 and he woke up at 5:45.
I am free of my book clubs until January and I am glad for the break. However, I am looking for a baby to babysit:) So if you know a nice teacher that has one (maybe 2) young children and needs a fabulous former teacher as child care, please send them my way.

Tomorrow we are going to visit one of the Irvine branches of the OCPL system and see if they have a toddler storytime. I have books to return and we need to get out of the house again. I'm hoping one of my friends will bring her little girl over on Friday so the kids can play. In fact, I should call her right now and find out! Saturday we have no plans, so hopefully I can get some unpacking done and decorate for Thanksgiving - since it is two weeks from tomorrow (I'm not trying to scare you or anything). Enjoy the pictures!

By the way, I was Dorothy:)


jennmom2000 said...

Too bad you still don't live over here. My neighbor, a teacher, needs a sitter for her twins. They are 18 months, so cute too. THe boy would love playing with them. They were offering good money too!

Mandy said...

I love the Hundred Acre Pictures! I have so many of those...Sigh...those were the days. I miss DL.

Ashby said...

I am so jealous that you guys go to on a daily basis. Brooklyn wishes we went on a daily basis....heck, even I do. Maybe I need to come visit...

PS....would you email me Miss Boston's email address? I haven't talked to her in forever! How is she doing?

Daphne said...

Haha, I'm still laughing at Will's shirt. Talk about easiest costume ever!

Crystal said...

Those pics at 100 acre woods are so cute, Daisy will be so jealous!! Also, what can I get JT for his birthday to send with mom and dad?

XYZinn said...

Cute costumes! So, are you planning on being pregnant anytime soon? :) I can't believe your boy will be 2 in a month! I always thought he was so much younger than Ryley, but they are really only 3 1/2 months apart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails