SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Disneyland Daze

We took a fun trip to Disneyland yesterday. I told my dad we were going in preparation for their visit in a few weeks. He just laughed because he is jealous that I can go to Disneyland almost everyday! When we got to the park we ran over to Small World and did that first because we haven't been on it since June and I really wanted him to ride it this week. He seemed a little dazed during the ride because I hustled him in. I had wanted to make the 11:30 Playhouse Disney show, but of course I didn't get off the tram until 11:31 and the lines into the park were pretty long, so that's why I decided to run over to Small World first. On our way over to California Adventure I called my friend Mandy and told her we were going to see the show first. It was the best decision of the day because JT loved it. He clapped along with everyone, yelled, waved his arms. The little worker there got a big kick out of his antics. After the show we headed over to Disneyland and rode The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, and Buzz Lightyear with Maggie and her cousing Kellen. By then we were all beat and decided to go home, but not before we took a group picture in front of the giant Mickey Jack'o'lantern!

Yesterday I didn't get much else done, but I did go to mutual. We colored and cut out the spaces for the ward Halloween Party cake walk that is next Saturday. I also noticed that JT has started crawling backwards on his hands and knees. He just can't quite figure out how to go forward. He does try and he gets his hands going, but he can't get his knees going forward, so he ends up on his tummy again. However, I don't doubt that he'll figure it out pretty soon and then he'll be unstoppable!

We went to aerobics this morning - against my will! I really just wanted to stay home and sit around, but I am glad that I didn't. I feel tons better because I did and I have exercised 3 of the 4 days this week. Yahoo! On Monday I ran/walked on the treadmill and on Tuesday and Thursday I did aerobics. Yesterday I did walk over 10,000 steps on my pedometer around Disneyland, but I'm not counting that. So, I must run/walk tomorrow and Saturday. Today we need to go to Costco for some food essentials and I'd like to clean up from my baking craze too. Tomorrow I'm going with the youth to do baptisms at the Newport Beach Temple and Saturday is the California-Utah Women's Boutique that I am so thrilled about!!!! Oh, and we are going to Tanaka Farms on Saturday to their pumpkin patch. So, all you OCers, it looks like the most authentic thing around here - you pick the pumpkin off the vine!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails