Thursday, November 03, 2011

Insta Friday: November 4, 2011

How was your Halloween?
We had such a great weekend 'o fun.
It seemed like Halloween lasted 5 days this year.

Thursday afternoon I finished the last piece
of my costume just in time for Treats in the Streets.

We headed to Bruxie with Jaime and clan
for a late lunch/early dinner before the festivities.

Then we got all dressed up and ready to go.
It was a warmer day and The Boy
lasted only so long in his faux fur.

We did get to see Darth Vader,
but by then we were sweaty and over
the treats.

As we were driving home Jaime and I remembered
that we wanted to ride the Great Balloon
while it was all dressed up,
so we headed over and in perfect time.

We had an hour to kill before the flights started,
so a little carousel riding was in order.

The kids loved the ride with friends.

Friday night was the church trunk or treat.
It was a cooler evening,
so we lasted longer in our faux fur :)

Afterward, we headed to our favorite
pumpkin patch for fun with friends.
The horses were spooked by a mega-flash,
so The Boy is waving at me and shouting - NO FLASHES!

Saturday was soccer,
and The Boy had a great game.
One of his best.

Pretend City hosted us for some Halloween fun.

Monday was the Kinder Halloween Party
and I donned some spooky spider web eyes.

The parade was warm and lasted - FOREVER -
according to The Boy.

Brooke came to visit so she could get
some spider web eyes too.

We had a spooky Halloween dinner.
Mummy dogs, ogre noses, worms, and Frankenstein Jell-O.

The kids enjoyed trick or treating with
some neighbor friends.

This was the spookiest house - complete with killer babies.
The Boy said about 10 minutes after we'd been there,
"That killer baby house was awfully weird."

Tuesday there was no school - HOORAY!
So we headed to Snow-Line for some Fall fun
with our favorite friends.

There was apple tasting, cider tasting,
cider pressing, friends, and cider donuts!

Watching the donuts being made.

This sign was hilarious.
It read - Speeding kills bears.
Jaime and I both screamed when we saw it.
The Girl said, "What's wrong?!"

That night about 9:00 The Boy started throwing up.
He threw up until 3am Wednesday morning.
He stayed home from school,
but never ran a fever and never threw up again.

So I took him on his first field trip on Thursday - to the zoo no less :)

He even got to ride the bus for the first time.

When we got home, he passed out and slept
for 3 hours - as did his sister.
So I finished cleaning up for my parents & sister to arrive,
and converted The Girl's old Minnie pillowcase dress
into a skirt.

We picked up my parents from the airport
around 7:00 that night,
we got home, and around 9:00 put the kids
down to bed so we could all get some rest before Disneyland
the next morning.
At 9:10 The Girl threw up for the first time and continued
until 3am Friday morning.

So, I stayed up with her and made
some festive shirts for Disneyland.
Because we were going, flu or no flu.

To be continued . . .

life rearranged


Jaime said...

Oh man, the adventures never end! I'm sad you guys are so sick, but so relieved we didn't get it! :)

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Love the gigantic hot air balloon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails