Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oo-ooo, Oo-ooo, This is Halloween . . .


Ha! Did I scare you? We have been totally crazy busy around here and I haven't had time to breathe. However, it's been so much fun and I can't believe that October is almost over! I love this time of year so much and it's passing by too quickly. Here's a quick recap of what's been going on :)

Tuesday 10/20
I sewed a lot and cooked and ran out the door to a baby shower when Will got home from work.

Wednesday 10/21
I don't remember much. I was trying to get a few projects done while Baby T and The Boy napped. The Girl was playing so nicely back in the DVD/baby toy nook. I snapped this picture as she came out to find out what I was doing. That night I took over class activity for the Laurels so the YW President could go to a school thing with her daughter. We decorated pumpkins, watched a little Snow White, and ate caramel apples.
Thursday 10/22
We went to the Pumpkin Patch with Will when he got home from work and had so much fun! I love the one that is closest to our house and I highly recommend it.The Boy insisted on riding the tiniest pony they had

We all enjoyed the spooky Haunted House.

Friday 10/23
I tried to take The Girl to the doctor for her well baby, but I got there and after waiting 15 minutes in the waiting room they told me she was at least an hour behind. So I decided to reschedule (this is like our 3rd attempt at this appointment) and headed back to Wtown to pick up the kids from Aunt H. I called on the way back and they were being good so I ran to Walmart and picked up a few things. Oh! and on the way to the appointment I won a call in contest on KOST for a Motherhood movie package. Awesome! That night I went back to Wtown after The Girl went to bed for Ladies' Night. It wasn't our best turnout, but we still had fun and enjoyed the time out.

Saturday 10/24
BUSY DAY! LOL Will and I left the house at about the same time. He took The Boy and went to building cleaning and I took the girl and went with my MIL and SIL to the CUW Boutique at the Disneyland Hotel. There were more vendors this time and I got a few things, so it was a good trip. I came home and got ready to go to a Discovery Toy party that my friend was hosting. She is also the consultant, so she did a drawing for a Mystery Hostess and I was chosen. So I got free product and a half prized item. Awesome. We watched the (sad) BYU game and I ran that night. I did 6 miles and it was awesome. I know - a totally oxymoron, huh? But around 4.5 miles I got my runner's high and I just floated home. Woot!
Sunday 10/25
We went to the Wtown ward to see my nephews and my SIL (the chorister) in their Primary Program. We stayed for my BIL's birthday lunch. My SIL made me the cute little pumpkin below. Love it!
Monday 10/26
I was supposed to go to Disneyland after Baby T went home, but something I had to do first ran longer and it was hot and so I gave up on that plan.

Tuesday 10/27
I dropped The Boy off at preschool (and Baby T didn't come that day) and I took The Girl to her well baby appointment. She's happy and healthy, but she dropped down to the 48 percentile for weight, so I need to fatten her a little bit more:) That evening we met my friend for dinner at the Beach Pit and the kids had lots of fun playing
Wednesday 10/28
We went to Music Makers and had a lot of fun! The kids marched in the costume parade, colored fun haunted houses, ate treats and sang spooky songs. We went to a Halloween party for the kiddos at a new friend's house and had even more fun. That night I made pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes with apple cider syrup for dinner - YUM! And then I went to the youth Halloween party. Fun, fun, times. I also worked like mad woman the past 3 days trying to get my Shutterfly calendars done.
Phew! That totally catches us up. Today The Boy had his preschool Halloween party and he took sucker ghosts as a treat to share with his friends. He said it was the best Halloween party ever. I love his enthusiasm. We made apple cider doughnuts. They turned out ok. I will definitely do a few things differently next time. After Baby T went home I took the kids to the Treats in the Street Fall Festival at the Orange Circle. I was a total cheater and refused to walk like cattle around the circle to get pieces of candy. So I just walked on the streets and sent The Boy up to each storefront to get the the candy. So much easier.

A few funny things. The Boy had gone 2 nights without a nightime accident so we got him some nightime under (aka pull ups) to try. He was so excited about them. However, the first night as he was laying in bed he looks and me and says, "These kinda look like diapers." LOL The same night his batteries were dead in his flashlight and he says to me, "My batteries ran away!" He went one night in the pull ups with no accident, but last night we weren't so lucky. Hopefully by the time he's four we'll nip this in the bud. Oh wait, that's only 5 weeks away. Ahhhh!


Mandy said...

I can't believe you have a Garmin! When did you get it? I can't justify one for myself. I'm into running, but not THAT into running. Hahaha! Love the cute cow in the barn. Adorable!

BubbaandM said...

Love the costumes! You did a great job. look forward to seeing you tonight at our ward party.

Laura said...

The kids costumes are soo cute!!! Second great job with the running. I have been waiting for years for to get my runners high.

Jaime said...

Wow, that barn costume for your stroller came out way cuter than I imagined. Great job!

Syd said...

Wow, all I have to say is that you are SUPERWOMAN! How do you do it all?!?! Send me any tips you've got!

AW said...

Cute cute costumes! I am really impressed with all of your running! I'm getting back in the swing of things and am back to working out about every day, but I've just been putting in my time and need to kick it up a notch! Are you training for something... I can't remember...

Eli's Lids said...

bow at the pumpkin patch = awesome
Love their halloween costumes too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails