Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Fun Filled Week

It all began last Thursday when my parents and little sister got here for a fun filled Conference Weekend. The Boy was so excited for them to get here and he kept telling me that they were going to be here in "five minutes". It was pretty funny.

We spent one day at Disneyland and we got a lot in. The Boy went with Grandpa and Kenna in the morning, while Grandma and I took our time to get ready and out the door. So, The Boy ended up being there over 12 hours. I was there 10 hours and Will joined us for dinner and then stayed for the rest of the night. It was so much fun. The highlight of the day was Splash Mountain. Can you believe The Boy is tall enough to ride???? So, he went with his Grandparents and Aunt and I waited at the bottom. He did not love it:) He came off crying and wet. However, when I asked him if he had fun, he said yes, but he said he didn't want to do it again. Poor guy, but he did like the animals at the beginning. Will and I keep talking it up, so hopefully he'll go again when "he's bigger" as he keeps saying.

Captain Hook! (He looks like he's trying to get away, but he wasn't.)

Arggghh! Matey!

Chillin' outside the Tiki Room.
The Great Mickey Pumpkin! I love this thing!
Aunt Kenna in the letter R of CALIFORNIA.
Who was in love with California Adventure at Halloween? ME! Look at the candy corn!
Candy corn carrots! They also had "corn", tomatoes, cacti (my favorite), and grapes.
Here's a face-forward preggo picture of me at 28 weeks. Not too fabulous, but not as bad as I thought it would be either. LOL
Saturday we watched General Conference, got pedicures, hung out, and took a trip to Yogurtland. We were so sad when they left on Sunday - especially The Boy. He was trying to squeeze every last minute out of his time with Grandpa while Will and Grandpa packed the car. He had to go to the bathroom, but he didn't want to because he was afraid she was going to leave. I convinced him to go and on the way back he said, "Grandma won't leave?" and I said, "No, she won't leave, yet." While he was going potty he said, "Grandma will never leave me." I just started crying. It was too sweet and so innocent. Here's to wishing that California and Utah were closer!

We was also so sad to ride in a different car. We had borrowed my MIL's car for the week and it has more room, so I took my parents, sister, and luggage in my MIL's car and Will drove our car back to his parents' house so that I could meet him there after the airport. The Boy just started crying and saying, "I want to sit by Grandma!" It broke my heart, but he did calm down and reluctantly got into his car seat with the promise of going to see Aunt H.

The day after they left was ROUGH! We call it withdrawal and detox. He loves having them here and having their attention and then we have to help him get back to normal life without all the extra love. This entire week he has told me that he wants to ride the Jungle Cruise with Grandpa and Kenna again and that Grandma will draw him more animals. I think he's mentioned it everyday since they left.

Will had this past week off and we got some other fun things in, but my blogging time is up, so I will be back with more pictures and info for you soon!


jamie said...

Isn't family the best?! Glad you had such a fun time with them! My FAVORITE was the Splash Mt. story!

Related Posts with Thumbnails