SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Just One Little Word . . . Charity

So on one my of digiscrapping boards, one of the designers referenced a challenge she found last year about choosing one little word. The challenge says, "A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow." You can read about it HERE and HERE. If you want to see what Emily Powers, the digi designer, has to say, then click HERE.

I think it is a fabulous idea and so my one little word for 2008 is charity. I especially like the definition from Moroni 7:47 where charity is referred to as the pure love of Christ. In Moroni 7 it also talks about that if you have charity you are not easily provoked and thinketh no evil. Those are qualities I would really like to embrace and embody this year. I feel like 2007 was a year of just getting by - just getting by spiritually that is - and it makes me really sad to think how much I could have grown last year if I had taken the time and made the effort. Last year I had serious goals for health and weight loss and I lost 45 lbs. which is fabulous and I feel so much better. However, I think how much more I could have gained if I had paired that goal with spiritual goals for myself.

This is a year of spiritual renewal for me. I want to be a better mother and wife and a better mormishmom:) - insert my name. I feel like charity will be the word that will get me there. I'm so excited that my ward's yahoo group is doing a 30 day read of the Book of Mormon. This is just the jump start I need to get back on track with scripture study. I can't tell you how many times I started reading last year and never finished.

I challenge you to choose one little word for 2008 that will be a ripple that will change everything for you. I've also been inspired by another scrapper/artist - Brynn Marie. She has turned her word into a piece of art to hang in her home and give her inspiration. I think I just might have to do that too! It's always better to be able to see it and be reminded of it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails