SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Did You Know?

Etiquette says:

A portion of butter should be taken from the butter dish, using the butter knife, and placed onto your own bread plate. Break the roll into small pieces and butter your bread a piece at a time, rather than buttering the whole piece at once.


So where did that come from? Well, my friend had to attend an etiquette dinner so that she would be prepared to attend a fancy dancy meal with the University Alumni and she asked the question: Do you know how to butter a roll? And I didn't, so I looked it up. So now you all know the proper way to butter your roll at dinner:)

The past few days have been a lot of fun. It has been nice to have Will home and The Boy loves it. I'm already anticipating that next week will be rough because The Boy will go through withdrawls once his dady goes back to work. Today we went to Disneyland and had so much fun. I took a lot of pictures and I will post them tomorrow. The big news of our trip today is that The Boy is tall enough to ride The Matterhorn! So, of course we took him on it. He did really well. He held onto my legs for dear life and screamed a few times, but I kept talking to him through the entire ride and at the end he cheered for himself. However, when I asked him if he wanted to do it again, he said NO! So we went on Small World, Winnie The Pooh and we went to the petting zoo area. He LOVED that! He kept saying, "Nice!" as he pet the goats. There was this cute little cute that fell asleep standing up perched on top of a rock! He also got to see a real life cow and he thought that was awesome. I think it was his favorite part of the day.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm happy to say that I did know how to butter a roll.

Kikal said...

We miss you guys...are you coming for Thanksgiving? Daisy needs to see JT...she always asks to watch videos of him.

Mandy said...

The Matterhorn! I loved taking Maggie on it, and her answer was the same as JT's when I asked her to do it again. Hey, that means he's big enough for Gadget's Go Coaster! :)

Cory said...

etiquette huh? well, this is what i have to say about that..... hoooooonk.... that was the sound of me tooting. ha! i'm so gross. i should have been born a boy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails