SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm Every Woman

It's all in me! LOL Ok, that's the song that kept running through my head and I participated in the most daring thing I've ever done! I was at Youth Conference this past weekend (Friday-Tuesday) with the youth from church and we went up to Cedar City, Utah and stayed at a lodge. It was so awesome! We got to go to the temple, see a musical at Tuacahn, and the piece de resistance - pardon my poor French - bike from the top of Brian Head down Bunker Creek Trail. Talk about a thrill ride!!!!! It was so awesome, I can't even describe it. I found a video on YouTube of a biker who wore a helmet cam that highlights some of the fun. It's a little over 14 mile ride and it just rocked. I think the video leaves out some of the more technical parts of the trail, but it stills gives you a taste of what I did. The funny things is that one of the local kids that rode with us can do the trail in 50 minutes and it took us 4 hours!

This is waht mtbr.com says about the trail(Our trail was a little longer because of where we started and where we finished):

Starts at just under 11000 ft, a one mile gentle climb to around 11,200 ft. The trail drops to around 7,500 ft over the next 10 miles. The top is fast and fairly smooth. The middle will satisfy the technical riders with ruts, switchbacks and water crossings. The bottom is doubletrack that is very fast and loaded with plenty of opportunity for catching some air.



1 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my what a thrill, you should be so proud of yourself. WTG

Related Posts with Thumbnails