SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Beach-a-rific!

That was today. Finally, after multiple ward/Stake-ish beach days this summer, we finally made it to one. It was so much fun and there were so many friends there for The Boy to play with. The swells were HUMONGOUS today and the life guard girl REALLY didn't want the little kids anywhere near the water. So, The Boy spent most of his time in the sand playing, but he got me down to the water a few times. I don't mind being in the water, but you see, I have this other kid that doesn't like to just be abandoned :) I should've brought Aunt H with me! However, I have awesome friends that held her for me so that I could get in and splash around and take some fun pictures.
::WARNING::
Picture overload!

I'm starting with this picture so you can see how packed it was! I got there right before 10am and that was perfect because we got close parking and a good spot before it gone insane!

Yes, he has a life jacket on. It makes me feel better and he likes to wear it, so it's a win/win situation.
Getting a little sand action.
He finally gets to venture into the water.
My friend's daughter decides to join us and they had a fun time.
Run!
Do you see the anticipation? They were both waiting for the wave to break and swoop in to get them.
The older boys dug a hole.All the kids stopped to watch the GIANT wave hit.


Crazy!
There was this one nutty boy - probably around 11/12 that put on his flippers (because you had to have them on to be out past your waist) and he swam straight into the GINORMOUS waves. I was like - WHERE IS THIS KID'S MOTHER????? He got knocked around a few times and swallowed whole twice before he had the sense to come in. I was freaking out.One of the biggest ones hit when I was holding The Girl and The Boy got his feet knocked out from under him and he washed up all the way to the hole. It was crazy!

P.S. I told The Boy that the life guard said that only big kids could get in the water. He told me he was big (because I tell him that he's a big boy all the time) and I had to explain he had to be as big as Aunt K. He accepted that and went on with playing in the sand. When he woke up from his nap he said:

"Mom, I'm going to get big soon. I'm going to eat a lot of food and grow bigger and bigger as Aunt K."

I asked him what he was going to do when he got bigger and he said very matter of factly, "Play in the water." LOL

3 comments:

Kikal said...

Oh goodness, you all need to come to our Florida beach where there are no waves...it's just like a nice little kiddie pool. It stays knee length for like 50 yards out - I bet the girl would even love it :)

The boy is such a good little guy, what a smartie - tell him not to grow up too fast :)

Mandy said...

Aren't you glad you took your camera? At least...I think you did.

I agree with Crystal. The beaches are just way better for everyone back East. (Okay, except for surfers. But let's face it...that's only .09% of the population!)

Jaime said...

Haha, they always have the best reasons! And forget Aunt H, you should've brought me! We could've stuck the girls in the tent and had lots o fun! I'm glad you finally made it to the beach day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails