SUMMER FAMILY FUN

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What do you do . . .

when your kid is a sassy pants, but it's your own fault because he inherited his sassy "jeans" from you? LOL That's my dilemma and it's all my fault. Will always says, "He may look like me, but you cut him open and he's all YOU!" So true. This is how our conversation wen today:

Me: If you do that again, you're going to your room. (For the life of my, I can't remember what he was doing. LOL)

TB: No, I can't go to my room.

Me: That's being sassy, please talk nicely.

TB: No, I can't talk nicely.

Me: Go to your room.

TB: No, I can't go to my room. (As he walks to his room.)

Me: You're being sassy.

TB: No, I can't be sassy anymore. (Continuing to yell as he walks to his room.)

Me: Go sit on the chair.

TB: No, I can't sit on the chair.

Me: Close the door.

TB: No, I can't close the door anymore. (As he closes the door behind him.)

Uggghh! But the hilarious part is when I look in his eyes and he's being sassy, I see my reflection. The poor kid is doomed. The other thing is that I didn't become sassy until I left home. I was an obedient child and the one time I remember sassing, my dad pulled me aside and said he never wanted to hear me talk like that again, and I never did. I was easily persuaded into doing what I was supposed to. Also, I would never have sassed my mom. Never. Maybe as a toddler/preschooler I did, but once I had my wits about me, I knew that it was in my best interest not to back talk her. Then, I went to college and broke lose and I couldn't be contained. I'm sure I scared a lot of people in those first few years away from home. Then, I met Will and he started to rein my sassy personality in. It still comes out in public once and awhile, but for the most part, Will is the only one that has to suffer through my sassiness. Well, and The Boy. Therein lies the problem. What's a girl to do? Hold her sassy tongue, I guess:)

4 comments:

Cory said...

i love your sassiness! all two year olds are sassy so don't blame yourself. moma is starting to sass me lately and it's not fun. they go from being these perfect little angels to "no" being their favorite word. very frustrating.

dancin' momma said...

You're too funny! I think hannah and I had this exact conversation the other day...I finally realized the conversation was going nowhere, fast. I'm sure you were much more patient than I was!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, I know I'm doomed with my baby girl. I was ALWAYS in time-out as a child for talking back to my mom. It got to the point that when I was done in time-out, if I didn't know what I was in trouble for I would just apologize for talking back cause I figured that's what I was in there for!

Kenna said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! I just loved that story! I can totally see it happening! You? Sassy? Never! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails